Change log for January 15th, 2005
- Models can now be rendered using vertex arrays. This produced a
noticable speed improvement in rendering the players.
- Optimized the skeleton transformation system by allowing it
to transform vertices with the bone and auxillary matrices at the
same time (basically did matrix concatenation). Before, it used to
require two passes over the vertices.
- Added a feature to allow vertices to be transformed directly into
a vertex array data structure. Before the vertices would have to be
transformed into a separate buffer, then copied over into a
"render-ready" vertex array buffer. Although this system is available,
it is not currently used by the models (this will be added in the
next update which should improve graphics performance even further.)
- Fixed problems with "unsigned type" statements with "typedefs".
- Fixed minor build problems with templated code.
- Added additional batch commands.
- Multiple screen resolutions and settings can now be given. The
game will attempt to create a screen with the first settings provided.
If that fails, it will continue to use other supplied settings. This
should fix the issue of the game complaining that "it cannont create
the screen" because it will try multiple "standard" settings. If that
still fails then you will currently have to manually specify a screen
- Added a camera that constantly looks at a single player. This camera
will later become the camera used for game play.
- Added stands, ceiling and flags to the arena model.